Friday, May 6, 2011

'Baseball Joe' faithfully passionate about Pirates . . . and baseball

Ever wonder why we do things just for the heck of it. I have had people ask me, “Why do you volunteer your time to the Browns fan club,” among others. To me it’s just a small way to give back to your community, whether it be a historic society, subdivision association, kids ball team or whatever. And every now and then you get a return from some unknown source that helps make it worthwhile. Like maybe a note from a kid or adult that loves baseball but cannot hear or talk or write . . . like the young man who wrote me yesterday from Pittsburgh. See his note below.

More on Joe at this newspaper article about him - http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_701271.html

-----------------------------------
From: Baseballjoe
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2011 8:41 PM
To: stlbrowns@swbell.net
Subject: Re: BR - St. Louis Browns Fan Club

thank
mine friend writed last email
me haded 3 strokes ands can no not hear ors talk ors write
me meeted lasorda ands costas
me PURE TRUE BASEBALL 365
me nevor watched anothor sport
sisler was pirate hitting coach in late 1950s ands early 1960s
maybe local sabr will help with stuff
ands maybe cards will give help
me started prtition in 1988 to help get clemente statue builded
ands maz statue petition in 2005
now me push get pirates team hall of fame
ands ralph kiner statue
hope you can come pittsburgh ands pnc park some day
who was you favorete player growing up
bullet bob turley most knowed as yankee

No comments:

Post a Comment